Sunday 14 December 2008

An ordinary life?



After a year of discovering the things they never told me about vicar training, I thought I was pretty clued up. Nope! I am continually being surprised. Over the past ten days - in the name of ministerial formation - I have:

- Hugged a tree
- Squeezed my lemons
- Taught a balloon modelling class
- Slept on the church floor
- Learned Baroness Thatcher's technique for quietening a room
- Decorated Santa's grotto in purple and orange
- Marshalled a veritable army
- Laughed until I cried
- Finally started to read 'Punk Monk'
- Got very lost with satnav
- Iced gingerbread snowmen
- Said goodbye
- Bought a Welsh language hymn book
- Accepted a curacy
- Enjoyed vodka-laden pasta
- Stuffed many, many envelopes
- Been bitten by a small child

And you know what........ I love it! (well, except for the biting bit)
Blessings, Auntie Ratchett x

No comments: